Sunday, February 21, 2010

Festival...a time for celebration!


Last I wrote, tension in the office was quite high. I can officially say that Monday will be a different story. Festival is over, old teachers are wrapping up their contracts, and new ones are arriving.
That being said, the end of the school year Festival was a huge success, and I think, worth every bit of stress and whining. I had the honors of being MC with my Korean supervisor Katie. That meant I got to watch everyone's classes perform their speeches, songs, and instrumental pieces while the other teachers were back stage helping keep the kids in line. Unfortunately, that meant I didn't get to take any pictures of my class throughout the day. The pictures I have are almost all from the other teachers who snapped a few good photos for me...thank goodness. Besides the loud, distracting audio that randomly came on during my students play
that sounded like we were flying through space AND Kelly raising her fist at Ann and nearly punching the girl for trying to show her where to stand on stage, the day was quite successful. My students performed
Wizard of Oz and sang Any Dream Will Do (from Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat). The highlight was by far the adorable costumes that each class had for their songs and plays. They ranged from scarecrows, tin men, lions, Dorthies, and Wizards to Elvis, astronauts, and flowers with white tights. I was so proud of all the classes, especially mine of course, for their hard work and success on Saturday! Each teacher also had the chance to speak about their experience teaching during our time here. That was followed by massive bouquets of flowers being given to each teacher. Like I sad, it was all worth every minute of stress. Take a look at the days events...

No comments:

Post a Comment