Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Snow Day Sensation!



In the last century, South Korea has not received as much snow as they did this week. In one night, 25.7 centimeters (about 10 inches) fell making for a beautiful, white, MESSY city. Now...for us Minnesotans, less than a foot seems like nothing. However, it's so unusual for Korea to get this amount of snow at one time that they have no real form of snow removal...meaning no plows and few shovels. One teacher's Facebook status claims she saw people removing snow with
laundry baskets, blankets, garden shovels, and cardboard attached to a stick. Now, that's getting creative! While it was entertaining to watch, it caused quite a commotion throughout the city. The roads were thick with snow and slush, making difficult and dangerous driving conditions, especially for buses. You know what that meant! For many English teachers, it resulted in an extended winter vacation! LCI Kids Club got 1 1/2 snow days! What did I do with my time? I filed through 450 pictures to post nearly 200 from my trip to Hong Kong, blogged, took pictures of the snow, napped, and worked out! Basically...I relaxed! Oh, and with all my time, I got the spontaneous idea to try a new look. My hair has taken on quite the Asian look in the last few days going from blonde to dark brown with bangs. Take a look at the the aftermath...

No comments:

Post a Comment